8/22/17

Today I would like to encourage you with a section of Scripture that has seen me through many a tough time, as well as just in the day to day repetitive prayers for the young men that I work with.  There are so many times that I find myself praying for one of my children, or for your son, and I just don't know what to say.  I feel as though I have said it all, and it frustrates.  My heart hurts for the situation, but I am at a loss for words.  This is the time when I find myself truly falling onto a resource that has been promised in Scripture.  If you look at Romans 8:26-28 you will see hope beyond what you could ever imagine was possible.  Romans 8:28 is a very popular verse, and rightly so, but when taken from it's context I think it loses its real power.  This verse quickly turns into neat Christian slogan or maybe t-shirt design, but it is so much more than that.  Verse 26 talks about what we are to do as believers when our hearts are so heavy and or words so small that we just don't know what to do.  Paul tells us.."In the same way the Spirit also joins to help in our weakness, because we do not know what to pray  for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with unspoken groanings.  And He who searches the hearts knows the Spirit's mindset, for He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."    This set of verses is telling us that when we hurt so deep that we can't even find the words to speak, that the Holy Spirit is communicating to God what is taking place in our hearts!  There is no other relationship in the universe where that happens!  It is a blessing like none other that we often either forget or don't realize.  So often I will just picture the kid or the situation I am thinking of in my head, and just keep what feels like an open line of communication open between God and I.  It feels like crying out to Him without knowing what to say.  I imagine it is kind of like being with someone you love, and in the middle of a very tough spot they just reach over and put a hand on your leg or shoulder.  That physical gesture communicates support, understanding and a general sense of love.  I believe this is what is taking place with our God.  As a father I find great comfort in this.  It makes me happy to know that my "Dad" knows what I feel and what I am wanting Him to help me with.  Someday He will explain to us how all of this worked, but for now, we can just rest in the peace that this brings!  Be encouraged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/28/17

3/7/18

11/8/17