6/12/17

Sorry the entries are fewer than normal.  No excuses...but, we are in the midst of a lot of new kids and it is keeping me busier than usual.  So, with that said... here we go!  This week I want to discuss a section of Scripture that I think will hit every one of us no matter where we might be on the sanctification scale.  I had to step in and preach for my father this weekend, and his church is comprised mostly of 70+ in age members, and I'm being literal.  I thought I would give them some verses of encouragement and ended up encouraging myself as well, and now hopefully you!  In 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 "For our present troubles are small and won't last very long.  Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!  So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.  For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."  I don't want to make light of anything you may be going through, but Paul calls it all "temporary and light."  When we realize that Heaven is eternal and this is all temporal it keeps us in check.  As usual we have a hard time keeping this in mind in the middle of our trouble, but reality is the sooner we adjust our realities the quicker we get our attitudes adjusted.  We have to somehow keep the realities of the New Earth in mind and just remember that we are trying to glorify God in any and every decision and response that comes from us.  So, that being said...how are you doing?  Dropping your son off here does not seen either temporary or light, and in some ways it isn't...but int he Heavenly perspective IT IS!  I again thank you for allowing us at he honor of working with all your families as you are traveling through your own family stories and sanctification.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/28/17

3/7/18

11/8/17